We are Carpe Sono, a contemporary a cappella group here in Austin, TX. We have been together for three years and are currently looking for new members to round out our group!
A few facts about our group:
– We sing contemporary Rock/Pop/Soul Songs (U2, Rhianna, Cold Play, Pink Floyd, Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Alicia Keys & More!)
– Our age range is from 23-39
– We’re high energy, eclectic, focused, talented, driven, and family friendly
– We want to sound good, work hard and play hard
– We practice weekly and have consistent gigs around Austin
– We are a community of musicians that have become great friends through this process
– tenors or baritones ages 22-40
– a deep passion for music and a cappella in particular
– consistent availability for gigs and 2 hour practices once a week
– a commitment to excellence
– someone who learns and memorizes music quickly
– someone who’s looking to work hard to sound amazing and meet and hang out with new friends and fellow musicians
– learn more about the vision of the group
– sing a solo (about 2 minutes) showing off your solo voice
– learn part of an a cappella arrangement and sing it within a small ensemble
– do a range test
– fill out a short questionnaire
You will be evaluated on:
– your solo
– stage presence
– your ability to blend with others during the ensemble
– your tone
– the ‘intangibles’ (other attributes you can bring to the group outside of your voice e.g. arranging experience)
Why Would You Want to be a part of this group?
Fun facts about you
Audio/video of you singing is a plus
Once you RSVP, I will send you both a questionnaire to fill out and the arrangement to learn for the ensemble portion of the audition and other details.
Let me know if you have any questions, Take care and hope to see you at the auditions!